Juanjo began his career by winning the 1st prize in the national competition “MURCIA JOVEN” contest in 2001. Since then he has participated in several gateways as F.I.B, Gaudi, Murcia abierta, Fashion Week in Valencia, Redken Weekend Experience 2012 and OFF the Mercedes Fashion week.
Juanjo Gomez has collaborated with various companies designing with Converse and Vans shoes, shirts with Estrella Dam (Beer Company), designing uniforms for Repsol YPF, Coke, Sprite, Community of Madrid, BBVA, and Ford.
Juanjo Gomez , also designed costumes for the Ballet of Carmen Werner (“Skater” and “Fermina”) and has worked on the costumes for the play “The Other Side of the Bed” and “Dracula”.
He has presented his collections in the showroom of Ego (Madrid), Hortensia de Hutten (Paris).
Juanjo participated in exhibitions such as “Tras el espejo, Moda Española” (Reina Sofia), “Expressa 2003” (Pamplona), “2ª mano Consonni” (Bilbao) and also a T.V program named “Singular”, a Monograph on Spanish designers.
A game of 20 questions with Juanjo Gomez of Yono Taola
1) Your passion beyond fashion……. travelling
2) Your life in three words…… work, love and eat
3) Your life in colours…….. blue and white
4) Your Hero….. whom demonstrates something admirable
5) What is your song/music…...all the music
6) What do you wear to bed…..nothing
7) Your favourite Flower……white rose
9) Your rescue cooking trick….. spices.
10) Live to eat or eat to live…..live to eat.
11) Wine: Red or White…..winter: red, summer: white.
12) Selfridges or Spitalfeilds Market……Spitalfields
13) Peace of Mind or Scattered mind…….Peace of mind.
14) Fantasy or Reality…….Both of them.
15) Moonlight or Sunlight…….Depends
16) Journey or Destination…….Journey
17) What is your walk……..the whole world
18) Who will you be reincarnated as……. a dog
19) What’s important to you?……...Friends ship and family.