And The Winner Is …
Hamro – Khusi is the creation of two ”soul sisters”, Nepalese Gyatri Giri and Bernadette van de Braakette from Netherlands.
Hamro – Khusi’s first collection was launched in June 2012, full of colour and based on 3 simple shapes: square, round and diamond.
Hamro – Khusi’s aim is to build a home for the elderly people of Nepal.
Hamro Khusi’s motto is :
Inspiring others towards happiness brings you happiness
So … our 2012 events are over.
Brands are frantically preparing yet another collection to showcase in February 2013 but…. what have we HONESTLY and TRULY gained from 2012 London Fashion Weeks to make things better ?
We are all involved in one way or another, either being consumers or professionals of the field and we should act and work towards lifting London Fashion Week from being a regional UK event to:
♥ place it at the heart of the action as it used to be
♥ create a hub of international creativity and events as it used to happen
♥ give motive for our talents to return to UK
♥ create sustainable businesses, UK jobs and…. flying colours for British fashion.
Through our blog we would like to thank all who spent time in our February and September 2012 showroom, meeting our exhibitors.
We would also like to thank all the journalists and bloggers who took time to present some of the Ecoluxe London brands as well as Ecoluxe London and the work we do. We do like to see our name mentioned in the press 🙂
See you on 17 & 18 February 2013 !
Juanjo Gomez, born in Madrid on December 24, 1970, is the designer of the firm Yono Taola.
Juanjo began his career by winning the 1st prize in the national competition “MURCIA JOVEN” contest in 2001. Since then he has participated in several gateways as F.I.B, Gaudi, Murcia abierta, Fashion Week in Valencia, Redken Weekend Experience 2012 and OFF the Mercedes Fashion week.
Juanjo Gomez has collaborated with various companies designing with Converse and Vans shoes, shirts with Estrella Dam (Beer Company), designing uniforms for Repsol YPF, Coke, Sprite, Community of Madrid, BBVA, and Ford.
Juanjo Gomez , also designed costumes for the Ballet of Carmen Werner (“Skater” and “Fermina”) and has worked on the costumes for the play “The Other Side of the Bed” and “Dracula”.
He has presented his collections in the showroom of Ego (Madrid), Hortensia de Hutten (Paris).
Juanjo participated in exhibitions such as “Tras el espejo, Moda Española” (Reina Sofia), “Expressa 2003” (Pamplona), “2ª mano Consonni” (Bilbao) and also a T.V program named “Singular”, a Monograph on Spanish designers.
A game of 20 questions with Juanjo Gomez of Yono Taola
1) Your passion beyond fashion……. travelling
2) Your life in three words…… work, love and eat
3) Your life in colours…….. blue and white
4) Your Hero….. whom demonstrates something admirable
5) What is your song/music…...all the music
6) What do you wear to bed…..nothing
7) Your favourite Flower……white rose
8) Your favourite food recipe……moms handmade Russian steak.
9) Your rescue cooking trick….. spices.
10) Live to eat or eat to live…..live to eat.
11) Wine: Red or White…..winter: red, summer: white.
12) Selfridges or Spitalfeilds Market……Spitalfields
13) Peace of Mind or Scattered mind…….Peace of mind.
14) Fantasy or Reality…….Both of them.
15) Moonlight or Sunlight…….Depends
16) Journey or Destination…….Journey
17) What is your walk……..the whole world
18) Who will you be reincarnated as……. a dog
19) What’s important to you?……...Friends ship and family.